Development Officer (CA)
PA USA is seeking a Development Officer who will be responsible for identifying, cultivating, and stewarding major and minor gifts. The successful candidate will initiate, maintain and grow donor relationships to maximize their long-term value and benefit to the organization.
The Development Officer's time will be spent constantly prospecting the community for potential donors to maximize the donor base and to build support for Penny Appeal USA’s programs. The candidate must show commitment to PA USA’s values and principles as well as a commitment to the vision and mission of the organization.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Develops positive relations with donors, volunteers, organizations and the general public in his/her region.
- Cultivates and solicits donations from individuals, groups and organizations.
- Work with donors to identify companies to recruit for matching gift program.
- Develop relationships with businesses to increase sponsorship revenue.
- Plans, organizes and facilitates fundraising activities in his/her region (events, dinners, concerts).
- Responds to donor inquiries with accurate and timely information.
- Recruits and engages with volunteers to organize and coordinate fundraising activities.
- Schedules and delivers presentations to audiences of diverse backgrounds.
- Prepares and submits plans, projections and reports to supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Experienced in working with grass-roots organizations and volunteers.
- Proven ability to interact effectively and communicate well.
- Ability to interact effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Energetic with the ability to multitask.
- Experience in fundraising preferred.
- Must be available to travel extensively within his/her state with occasional international travel.
- Exceptional public speaking skills.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment, strong willingness to initiate deadlines and time frames for assignments and to follow up on all delegated activities.
- Strong record keeping skills and writing skills.
- Desire to work for humanitarian cause.