Penny Appeal USA is in search of dedicated and motivated contractors to help maintain the function of the first Muslim Lead Domestic Violence shelter in the Carolinas. Contractors will be reporting directly to the domestic violence project lead and paid hourly. This position is specifically for 40 hours a week, between the hours of 3PM – 11PM.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent, some college preferred, life experience will be taken into consideration. Must be 18 years or older.
2. Ability to relate to individuals and groups in an empathetic, non-judgmental manner, possessing maximum insight and self-awareness to be confident in the role, with knowledge of personal capabilities and limitations,
3. Understanding of dynamics of family violence and the problems that victims of domestic and sexual violence face,
4. Leadership skills and Communication skills,
5. Possession of a valid N.C. driver's license and an automobile that can be used during working hours,
6. Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
In addition to the above responsibilities, all volunteers of Baitul Hemayah’s Domestic Violence Shelter:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
Visit company website to learn more at: www.pennyappealusa/careers.org
*THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT*
1. Phone, In-takes, and Exits:
A. Answer crisis line, within three rings
B. Fill out in-take and exit forms, as needed
C. Issue linens, clothing, and personal care items, as needed
D. Assign rooms and give a tour of the shelter
2. Provide individual and family support for victims of domestic and sexual violence,
3. Complete monthly and quarterly program reports to Domestic Violence Project Lead,
4. Provide 24-hour back up to volunteers and staff who may not be able to meet scheduled commitments or who need assistance with in-take procedures and problems at the shelter,
5. Maintain accurate and current case files and complete necessary reporting forms,
6. Attend staff and supervisory meetings as scheduled,
7. Maintain effective and cooperative relationships with agency staff and volunteers,
8. Develop progression techniques and skills by attending workshops and reviewing the literature,
9. Assist in training volunteers who assist in achieving Baitul Hemayah Domestic Violence Shelter's objectives,
10. Perform all other duties as assigned.