Resident Advocate for Women's Domestic Violence Shelter (Weekends)
This weekend shift will be for nights and/or day
- Provide advocacy and develop individual safety plans with clients.
- Respond to callers accessing 24-hour hotline and provide services including crisis intervention.
- Provide information/referrals to victims of domestic violence victims and their children.
- Arrange for emergency medical services or law enforcement services as needed.
- Complete telephone intake with women requesting shelter.
- Provide/arrange for shelter for qualified persons.
- Complete shelter intake and other related forms as required.
- Ensure client confidentiality as outlined in the center’s confidentiality policy.
- Assist in the care and maintenance of the shelter.
- Assist in shelter operations as requested by Domestic Violence Project Lead.
- Participate in staff meetings/trainings.
- Perform related duties as required and/or deemed necessary by Domestic Violence Project Lead.
- High School Diploma
- Basic understanding of domestic and sexual violence issues.
- Must be sensitive to issues of diversity.
- Computer proficiency necessary.
- Ability to respond to stress and pressure in a positive, constructive manner.
- Training and/or experience in crisis intervention or in working with people in residential settings.
- Applicants must be able to walk up and down one flight of stairs, and lift and carry up to thirty pounds.
- Must have valid NC driver’s license.
- Shelter Advocate's will be required to undergo a background test, drug test and clearances.
- Applicant must be able to work independently yet compatibly with others; must be able to work with those in crisis.
- Shift Hours: 8 hour shift cycles( 11pm to 7am)
- Shelter Advocate's must abide by all applicable confidentiality standards of the program.
- Successful Shelter Advocates are dependable, organized, self-motivated and team players.
- Job Type: Part-time Contractual position
- Schedule: Weeknights, Nights (11pm-7am)
- Domestic violence/sexual assault knowledge (Preferred)
- NC Driver’s License (Required)
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
This position is part-time, non-exempt and contractual and reports to the Domestic Violence Project Lead. Penny Appeal USA, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All employment is at will and no employment contract shall be construed from any action, document or statement of the employer